Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So here is this blog thing everyone's been talking about.

Well I guess this is it, Welcome to the 'blogosphere'. The great wide open of the internet where all things are found enclosed in a computer and INDOORS!

My past few months were predominantly spent OUTDOORS!! You know that place outside your window, with that bright white ball in the sky, and wind, and rain, and trees, and all that stuff. You know nature. I spent my summer working on the beach, pretending to assert my authority onto mostly unknowing daily beach patrons who may fall victim to the shrill cry of my plastic Fox40 whistle. While not on the beach soaking up rays and making sure all the bikini clad women stayed safe in the surf, I could be found causing all sorts of mayhem in one of the many bars of Asbury Park, NJ. Some of this mayhem included cooking fine food at the new Aqua Lounge in Covention Hall, but mostly it included drinking far too many Stone IPAs at the Brickwall and then running random objects up the Ocean Grove flagpole.

But even while living the glamourish "Jersey Shore' lifestyle I was able to still think about art. Early spring was spent cutting out large stencils that would never end up being used. Banksy's spring campaign in the states made everyone think they could be a graffiti artist, and with myself included in this disillusioned majority I began to make stencils. Reality soon set in, along with hoards of tourists and cops, so the pieces could never find the walls they were meant for, but the ideas still remain.

While many of my adventures were too wild and crazy (aka drunk) to bring along a camera, others were tame and included many hours of boredom on the beach in which I could prey on the unsuspecting seagulls. Lifeguard tournaments also provided a photogenic subject before the beach juice and adrenaline caught up and the after parties began.

And now it is fall, the "J Shore" is finally again the beach, and mostly everyone is at work or school like they should be and the beach is ours again. The summer's hard work (and partying) has paid off and I hope to soon be the proud owner of an underwater housing, so that I can enter the water and combine my two loves of surfing and photography in the most proper sense. I have some ideas for remote flash and night photography work, that if all goes as planned will catapult me to be the next Dustin Humphrey. Well, maybe not, but I can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment